Monday, August 18, 2008

2nd beta is 541!!!

I went for my second beta on Saturday morning--before driving down to Long Beach for my race, by the way. I told them to call my cell phone with the results. Well, they didn't. The Dr. called the house and said that the results were "perfect" and that I should schedule a pre-natal u/s for Thursday. Of course even hearing that the numbers were "perfect" wasn't good enough for me. I needed to know numbers. So I called this morning to schedule the u/s (7:30am on Thursday!) and to get my numbers. The nurse called me back to tell me my beta was 541--more than doubled in a 48 hour period and that my progesterone was 37.1. She said they were both very strong numbers! Okay, now I feel better. Even though the race had me all sorts of nervous this weekend. I think I'm okay. I'm taking a break from rowing at this point though. I think it's for the best and I would have to pay dues starting Sept. 1 for the next 6 months. At some point I won't be able to row because of my belly so it's probably for the best that I stop now. I'm going to miss it but I won't miss getting up at 4:40am three times a week. That's starting to kick my butt! So now we wait for Thursday. Will we see one or two? As my husband asked me--when do we find out how many are in there? Thursday sweetie. Here's hoping Thursday shows everything where it's supposed to be!

1 comment:

JustaKidAtHeart said...

Those are awsome numbers