Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Bad, bad thoughts

So I'm not proud of my thoughts as of late. I've had some incredibly negative thoughts about pregnant people and that's not like me. I always said that I wouldn't let this get the best of me. That I would rise above it and not let the negativity weigh me down. I think I lost the battle. I get my People magazine today. (Yes, I subscribe--it's my one vice.) And on the cover is a picture of the girl who played Stephanie on Full House. She's got a newborn daughter and is telling everyone how just a couple of years ago she was a meth addict who hit rock bottom. I should be happy for her. I should be impressed that she could kick the habit and get her life on track. All I could think of was WTF? How is it that she can get her life and body back and get pregnant? Why can't I? I've never done meth. I don't drink. I exercise regularly. W.T.F.?!?! I'm not proud of these thoughts, but they're their nonetheless. Maybe if I admit I'm having them, they'll go away.

No comments: