Friday, October 30, 2009

So much has changed...

Wow, fast forward over a year. My scrunchy monkey is six months old, I'm a stay at home Mom (SAHM) but we're still living in Southern California. So, some things haven't changed. This has been quite the roller coaster ride for me--mostly emotionally. I love being able to stay home with the scrunchy monkey but I've lost the working identity of me that I had for over 10 years. And now that I'm a SAHM, I'm don't have the community I would have if we were living back East. Which is always a point of contention. I want to go back home and he doesn't. It's a no win situation. One of us would be happy and the other not so much. But right now I'm not happy being here and he's willing to move, just not necessarily back East. So what do we do? Not sure. That's a long term discussion we're still working on. Right now, I'm trying to find Mom groups that I could join and see if I can connect with anyone. There are days I fell very alone and today is one of them. I went to a park where a local group meets weekly but no one was there because they were all going over to someone's house for a Halloween get together. Which we could have gone to but it's right in the middle of her afternoon nap. I thought someone would show up at the park, but alas, I felt like my loserhood had been solidified when it was no one but me there. Yes, having a bit of a pity party here but I just feel like I can't catch a break with finding other Moms to hang out with. If I were back East, I'd have a plethora. But we're not. We're here. For now.

No comments: